Tom Tomorrow: Fable-ulous...
12 hours ago
Why, if we hadn't elected Obama we might have had a president:See! Weren't we lucky we 'elected O'Bama?
Why we might even have a president who would appoint a bunch of right wing psychopaths to the Commission of Fiscal Responsibility and try to balance the budget on the backs of the poor and middle class while allowing Wall St. Banks, the filthy rich and military corporations to continue plundering our economy, or who might try to institute policies which would effectively shut down the internet.
- who refused to roll back taxes on the wealthy,
- who refused to establish a windfall profits tax on oil companies,
- who refused to investigate activities carried out by telecom companies who illegally helped the government tap our phones, and who continued to tap phones without a warrant,
- who would have turned his back on Miranda,
- who would refuse to investigate any of the Bush Admin. lies, incompetence, corruption or torture,
- who would support anti-democratic, murderous coup regimes in Central America,
- who might refuse to restore Habeas Corpus,
- who would have left Guantanamo open indefinitely and maintain that its inmates had no rights at all,
- who might have continued extraordinary rendition and torture,
- who might have fought to keep Dick Cheney's remarks to Plame investigators secret,
- who would have done nothing of substance to rein in Wall St.,
- who would have continued to issue signing statements,
- ho might have continued to delay investigations of CIA torture and even investigate those who protest that torture,
- who would have traded away the Public Option even while saying he was in favor of it,
- who would have expanded the war in Afghanistan,
- who would have opened "vast expanses" of Atlantic seaboard, Gulf of Mexico and Alaska to oil and natural gas drilling,
- who would have 'put politics before science' and at first minimized the BP oil spill and then might have claimed that there was practically no oil left and that "the microbes ate it!",
- who might have continually filed SCOTUS briefs in favor of large corporate polluters,
- who might have even been in favor of whale hunting,
- who might have used cluster bombs on civilians in Yemen,
- who might have refused to investigate Bush's political firings of US Attorneys,
FAIR USE NOTICE: This blog may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. This constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed without profit.