1. US Congress Sells Out to Wall Street--Worse than you EVER knew, but you knew that.
2. US Schools are More Segregated Today than in the 1950s--Worse than you imagined; it's not an accident.
3. Toxic Waste Behind Somali Pirates--Toxic, illegal, mid-ocean dumping kills off fishing industry.
4. Nuclear Waste Pools in North Carolina--You DIDN'T know? Ooooops...
5. Europe Blocks US Toxic Products--Including frankenfoods; smart fellas, them Euros
6. Lobbyists Buy Congress--Worse than you thought, by many, many magnitudes of badness..
7. Obama’s Military Appointments Have Corrupt Past--Worse than you remembered; they're a gang of international gangsters.
8. Bailed out Banks and America’s Wealthiest Cheat IRS Out of Billions--What's the point of having enormous wealth & power if you can't cherat with it?
9. US Arms Used for War Crimes in Gaza--War Materiele-R-USA: That it's the Israelis exterminating Arabbs is pure lagniappe..
10. Ecuador Declares Foreign Debt Illegitimate--A good move, long ovedrdue, and portentious, but nervy.
11. Private Corporations Profit from the Occupation of Palestine--In ways you don't WANT to know.
12. Mysterious Death of Mike Connell—Karl Rove’s Election Thief--The GOP's Top IT Guru bought under curious circumstances.
13. Katrina’s Hidden Race War--Death squads patrolled Algiers. This has been known for a LONG time.
14. Congress Invested in Defense Contracts--Corruption goes ALL ways.
15. World Bank’s Carbon Trade Fiasco--Ask 'Cui bono?"
16. US Repression of Haiti Continues--And we STILL hold their marker for Duvallier debts.
17. The ICC Facilitates US Covert War in Sudan--Indictment justifies military interference, regime change.
18. Ecuador’s Constitutional Rights of Nature --Declared national constitutional rights to nature, thus codifying a new system of environmental protection.
19. Bank Bailout Recipients Spent to Defeat Labor--BoA uased TARP money to sponsor anti-EFCA conference.
20. Secret Control of the Presidential Debates-- Campaigns jointly negotiated a detailed secret contract dictating the terms of the 2008 debates.
21. Recession Causes States to Cut Welfare--Nobody has said jack-shit about this; cf. NM Tortilla tax.
22. Obama’s Trilateral Commission Team--11 members occupy senior posts, similar to Bushevik PNAC numbers.
23. Activists Slam World Water Forum as a Corporate-Driven Fraud--Which it was.
24. Dollar Glut Finances US Military Expansion--To no one's surprise, but it does LOOK bad when you DEMAND your allies fund your wars.
25. Fast Track Oil Exploitation in Western Amazon--The 'culture war' for oil in paradise.
Does anyone hear Banjos?
3 days ago