Friday, March 02, 2007

Profusely "Patriotic" Propaganda In The Heartland

I got an e-mail from relatives containing the images reproduced here as well as several others, all of the same feature: a rock in a gravel-pit somewhere in the wilds of Iowa which has been painted in profusely "patriotic" images by a local boy, named "Bubba" (I kid you not).

I wrote and circulated the subsequent text to the "reply to" addressees:

Nice work, here but I feel like I've missed something.

Cuz I don't see our smilin' bubba--the artist--wearing fatigues...has he enlisted? Or has he, like so many other advocates and apologists for the war, signed on with the 82nd Chairborne?

Hey, folks: you support the war? you go fight that bad boy...

Bubba's talents for propaganda are the equal of his graphic ability. There are so many things wrong with they images on that rock, I am at a loss. Does Bubba watch anything but Fox News?Not least of the falsehoods he reproduces is the connection between the unnecessary deaths in Iraq and the deaths resulting from the IXXI attacks.

Does Bubba not know, or just not care that there has NEVER been established ANY connection between Iraq, or Iraqis, or Saddam Hussein, or anyone else there and the attacks of 9/11. That, of course, is just another pervasive lie, ginned up and drummed in the collective psyche (efficaciously, as witness the sincere, and probably honest icons like this rock) to rationalize the neo-con/fascist/imperialist/militarist wet-dream of establishing a 'free-market" state on the bones of the Iraqi people.

I support the troops--I support bringin' 'em home...tomorrow...

And I support prosecuting the goddam fascist regime --The Chimperor, Darth Cheney, FeldMarshall vonRumsfeldt, Wolfowitz, Feith, Abrams, Rice, Powell: the whole feculent cabal that put'em there, in the full and complete knowledge that they were LYING IN THEIR TEETH-- for war crimes, for the murders of (so far) over 3100 US citizens, as well as every Iraqi who has been killed in the turmoil the illegal invasion prompted, began, and perpetuates.

We need no more brave quotations from cowards who never served, who had better things to do, who went awol to avoid drug tests. The names and presidencies of Jefferson and Kennedy are besmirched by their association with that of the lying, dishonest, idiotic, drooling siock-puppet, boooosh.

Nothing any of those miserable low-lifes have to say about war is worth a minute of anyone's attention. They lied and our citizens died--relatives, friends, strangers, even (gasp!) immigrants. We do not need to celebrate their courage, but to mourn their tragic, wasteful, useless loss; and seek justice for them on those who suffered them to die for--not a mere mistake--a calculated falsehood...

Yrs truly(WoodyG'sGuitar), Sergeant (E-4) , USAF, 1964-1968

And if y'all are offended by my words, to quote a phrase current during my enlistment:
DILLIGAF?

The Older I Get, The Better I Usta Be...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what DIlligaf means, but....Fuckin' A, dude! Every word you write.

What sheeple.

SSoP, nuncamas21

Woody (Tokin Librul/Rogue Scholar/ Helluvafella!) said...

DILLIGAF, decoded:

Do
I
Look
Like
I
Give
A
Fuck

Unknown said...

Patriotism is is easy when you have noting at stake. 8 years in Uncle Sam's canoe club, and I was never shot at, and I'm realllllly happy about that. I don't support the troops. I feel sympathy! I feel empathy. I do not have a job which is "support". Where the troops want support is not millions of arm chair warriors wishing them well out of one side of their mouths and thanking whatever god they pray to that they got flat feel or didn't enlist. Where they want support is from a government that cares enough about the ordinary grunt to get them the
$%@$&* out of a NO-WIN situation. HEY YOU STUPID COCKBITES! DOES THE WORD VIETNAM RING ANY BELLS!!!!!!!!!!

What has your artisit given. 10 dollars worth of tempera paint!
SOME GAVE ALL, ALL GAVE SOME What the ^$#*$*% has he given?!? Not a goddamned thing!
The more I think about it the angrier I become!!
GO ENLIST LIKE I DID, YOU FUCKING DIRTBAG!!!
THEN COME AND TALK TO ME ABOUT GIVING SOMETHING!!!!!!