Thursday, August 10, 2006

We're Fighting 'Em In Iraq So We Don't Hafta Fight 'Em...In London?

The "terror alert level' has been raised to "red" today, in consequence of the discovery in Britain of an alleged plot to bomb airliners using explosive liquids. There have been 21 arrests, so far, and people all through the airline transportation are pouring out their shampoo, colognes, and mouthwash.

Which is fine.

We don't want airliners blowing up.

But I'm reminded that the current, most dominant excuse for the ICORP* of Iraq was/is that we're fighting 'em in Iraq so we don't hafta fight 'em at home, according the the Busheviki propaqganda machine.

So does this mean we're gonna ICORP the Brits? Canada (remember the Montreal arrests)? Florida?

Just askin'...

*ICORP = Invasion, Conquest, Occupation, Rape & Pillage

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooops, I guess I just read your mind, what I just posted is pretty much what you've said here. Great minds, and all that.

from Ruth

Anne Johnson said...

I have a slightly different take on it in my blog, most notably touting the benefits of bad breath and self denial.