Friday, November 18, 2011

The Face of Bovine Bellicosity; "You Can't MAKE Me Think!"


You KNOW how we do, Bugs!!!. Thanks, Win-STONE!...Hola, Hippies,

Regardez-vous the "Face of Bovine Bellicosity, Murkin Style!" (Joe: start image, full frame, here)

His posture, his rhetoric, his look: All of it screams "I WON'T THINK!!! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME! G'WAN, TRY IT, MOFO!"



His name is Max. And at least he's NOT claiming he's NOT one of the 99%, which sop for many of the self-satisfied, self proclaimed 53 percenters do.

But WOULD YOU JUST LOOK at that face!

Jayzus! I've seen cattle that exhibited ex-actly the same ignorant, perverse, cud-chewing, pugnacious stubbornness when it was time to move'em

This is the face of a person who has never once been troubled with nuance, who is a complete and utter stranger to complexity, which has NEVER, ever, once, in all his years, been troubled by an idea of ANY sort of abstraction. And how old IS he?

Does this face look like a 30+ year-old-man? I did the arithmetic. One tour in the Corps = 4 years. Then 8 years to "work his way through school" (with the GI Bill?) Anyway, that's 12 years. He HAD to be 18 to enlist. So that means he's AT LEAST 30.

(PS: I did it in three, on the Bill, working two-three jobs, and carried 18 hours/semester, too...what's his problem??? OH, yeah...)

There's not even a flickering gleam of intelligence to be seen in the whole of the vast expanse of bellicose jaw, belligerent forehead, flushed and ruddy cheeks, or the distinctly barn-yard-like, ever-so-slightly crossed eyes.

I bet he was a good soldier. "STRACK," they call 'em, latterly. He'll work his ass off, for the mission and his illusion of his superiority. He'll take ORDERS, sir, yes SIR! Seventy hours? May I have SOME MORE, SIR, please SIR?!
(JOE: END IMAGE HERE)

You want your whole army made up of exactly this kind of specimen. Big, brawny, inchoately or misdirectedly angry, and not very bright. Eager, though. And willing. Just tell 'em what to do.

Who equate 'success' with virtue.

And "doesn't blame Wall Street." (Is Max even DUMBER than he looks? Who knows?)


There is a very good reply to both the tone and substance of the resentful fellow's complaint at this site. Here's one "money-quote," from the reply--from the link, to the obnoxious prick:
...I’m a liberal, so I probably dream bigger than you. For instance, I want everybody to have healthcare. I want lazy people to have healthcare. I want stupid people to have healthcare. I want drug addicts to have healthcare. I want bums who refuse to work even when given the opportunity to have healthcare. I’m willing to pay for that with my taxes, because I want to live in a society where it doesn’t matter how much of a loser you are, if you need medical care you can get it. And not just by crowding up an emergency room that should be dedicated exclusively to helping people in emergencies...
I'l bet you dollahs to quatloos that, if the boy could read it --by no means a given--he'd still be unpersuaded; he wouldn't get it, gay-ron-teed, chers...The whole thing is worthy of your attention.

Indeed, copy it for further use, because there are more of them, still, than there are of us. Mebbe we can hold 'em off at the beach?


No comments: