Sunday, November 01, 2009

Droning On And On

A piece up at Jno Schwarz' lapidary A Tiny Revolution today examines the difference in potential outcomes between growing opium for the Taliban and to support the puppet oligarchy. It's life and death.

It elicited the following response from Oarwell:
With the use of drones we seem to be slipping over the event horizon, falling into some black hole of soullessness. The descent will accelerate, gravity's rainbow the gleam in Moloch's unblinking eye.
The Sound of Empire

Raindrops on poppies and pay-offs to puppets
Bright copper pipelines exploding like muppets
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored phonies and crisp'd wedding parties
Death bells and gut smells and robotic sorties
Wild drones that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses all blown to high heaven
Phosphorus that stays on their nose like hell's leaven
Silver white people that melt into goo
These are a few of my favorites, too.

When The Hague bites
When the blogs sting
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad.
Attend to A Tiny Revolution every chance you get...