Which of the following legislative/executive acts are NOT related to the forthcoming GOPhascist electoral campaign, which is being staged to provide cover of plausibility for the predictable theft of the ostensible election:
1) According to a story reported on the 4 pm (PDT) News on Air America, that the GOP-dominated USer House of Representatives today (7/19/06) passed a bill which would prohibit Courts from ruling that the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance are an unconstitutional violation of the 1st Amendment. The bill had made its way to the floor, even though a committee had voted to kill it.
2) Last week, the both Houses voted to approve a Constitutional Amendment which would criminalize 'disrespect' for the User Flag (though the Senate measure passed with less than the required two-thirds majority).
3) Both the Senate and the House, this week, passed measures that would have released unwanted, but fertilized, blastocysts for stem cell research, which the President has used the first veto of his Regime to overturn.
4) The House and the Senate both held hearings last week on Immigration Reform, months AFTER both Houses had already passed competing Bills on the issue. Aptly named GOPuke Rep. Stephen Flake announced additional hearings this week.
5) Gay marriage issues have recently been adjudicated very publically in New York and Massachussets, and the Congress considered and voted on, but failed to pass Constitutional Amendment proposals which would have excluded gay couples from equal participation in the rights accorded straight married couples were loudly debated in both the House and the Senate.
Want a recipe to pander to the basest instincts of the mediated electorate?
Just add terror and stir.
So, of course, to that fetid stew of domestic "culture" goads can be added how Syria, Iran and North Korea are being portrayed as allies in the 'Global War On Terror' which is irrupting outpourings of death and destruction all over the Middle East, coincidentally, just as all those other issues seem to be coming to a head.
It's just a coincidence, I know.
(photo by zigy kaluzny)
6 days ago