I'm sure of it. Oh, yeah, we had to destroy the country to save it. But, this isn't the first time we've gone there, And, anyway, as the former Vice-President of the USofA once remarked on the same subject: "So what?"
So why don't we hear about:
The following official governmental statistics, up to December 2008, show(ing) the disastrous conditions prevalent in Iraq since (and consequent from) the American invasion and occupation of that country.Doesn't it give you a warm feeling, like blood running down your face?
1. One million widowed Iraqi women (according to Iraqi Ministry of Women Affairs).
2. Four million orphaned Iraqi children (according to estimates by the Iraqi Ministry of Planning).
3. Two and a half million (2,500,000) Iraqis killed (according to the Iraqi Ministry of Health and Forensic Medicine).
800,000 Iraqis have (been) disappeared in secret holding places connected with the different ruling parties (according to registered complaints at the Iraqi Ministry of the Interior).
5. 340,000 Iraqi prisoners, detained without charge, in U.S. army prisons, the prisons of the Iraqi government, and the prisons in the Kurdistan District (according to Iraqi, Arab, international and UN human rights organizations and agencies). US occupying forces admit officially that the number of Iraqi detainees in their prisons is about 120,000.
6. Four and a half million (4,500,000) Iraqis are refugees outside Iraq (according to statistics of those seeking passports (category C) from the General Directorate of Passports.
7. Two and a half million (2,500,000) Iraqis are refugees inside Iraq (according to the Iraqi Ministry of Refugees).
8. 76,000 registered Iraqi cases of AIDS; (officially) this number did not exceed 114 cases before the invasion and occupation of Iraq (according to the Iraqi Ministry of Health).
9. Use of addictive substances has increased and spread ... among youth (according to the Iraqi Ministry of Health and the Center for Combating Drugs and Addictions)...the profits from these drugs are used to buy (pay off) government officials, in order to gain their support and silence, and to finance their election campaigns.
10. Three out of every four marriages end up in divorce since the invasion and occupation of Iraq (according to Iraqi Ministry of Health).
*SCUM = SoCalledUnbiasedMedia. The foregoing report appeared today on Antemedius.