Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Keith Olbermann is the most courageous man in public life today.

I'd have said "the most courageous person."

But that would have left no room for Cindy Sheehan, who rivals Olbermann for courage, if not for a forum from which to speak.

Anyone who hasn't heard Olbermann's righteous bitch-slap of the drooling fux now in power (and, Keith's best efforts notwithstanding, likely to remain so) MUST attend to this powerful message.

For me, the most compelling moment comes early:
And anyone who claims that I and others like me are "soft,"or have "forgotten" the lessons of what happened here is at best a grasping, opportunistic, dilettante and at worst, an idiot whether he is a commentator, or a Vice President, or a President.

By the same token, I would argue that anyone who claims that I and other veterans like me who oppose Busheviks and Bushevism are "soft" or have "forgotten" the lessons of immoral and illegal war, and who has not experienced such lessons in the first person, is a drooling fuckwit--which category includes both the Sock-puppet in Chief and the sneering lout who pulls his strings.

I only wish Olbermann had been uncivil enough to say so.

No comments: