Wednesday, September 27, 2006

When The Target's Armed: Clinton Inflicts A Sucking Chest Wound On That Simpering Turd, Chris Wallace

John Nichols' column in The Nation On-Line, nicely summarizes Bill Clinton's evisceration of that drooling, lack-luster fascist lickspittle Chris Wallace's transparent ambush attempt on Fox last Sunday:
Love Bill Clinton or hate him, but understand that his appearance on Fox News
Sunday was one of those rare moments in recent American history when a target of our drive-by media shot back.

Here's the money quote:

Wallace finally asked: "Do you think you did enough, sir?"

Clinton replied: "No, because I didn't get him."


Wallace chirped, "Right."

Clinton countered, "But at least I tried. That's the difference in me and some, including all the right-wingers who are attacking me now. They ridiculed me for trying. They had eight months to try and they didn't. I tried. So I tried and failed. When I failed, I left a comprehensive anti-terror strategy and the best guy in the country: Dick Clarke. So you did FOX's bidding on this show. You did your nice little conservative hit job on me.
But what I want to know…


Stung, Wallace was again interrupting. But Clinton held firm. "I want to know how many people in the Bush administration you've asked this question of. I want to know how many people in the Bush administration you asked ‘Why didn't you do anything about the Cole?' I want to know how many you asked ‘Why did you fire Dick Clarke?' I want to know…"

"We ask plenty of questions of…" sputtered Wallace.


"Tell the truth…" Clinton shot back, before revealing that he had Wallace's number.

"You set this meeting up because you were going to get a lot of criticism from your viewers because (Fox owner) Rupert Murdoch is going to get a lot of criticism from your viewers for supporting my work on Climate Change. And you came here under false pretenses and said that you'd spend half the time talking about (climate change.) You said you'd spend half the time talking about what we did out there to raise $7 billion plus over three days from 215 different commitments. And you don't care."

Truer words have rarely been spoken on a nationally-televised "news" program.

When a beaten Wallace tried to cover for himself – "… all I can say is, I'm asking you in good faith because it's on people's minds, sir. And I wasn't…" – Clinton nailed him: "There's a reason it's on people's minds. That's the point I'm trying to make. There's a reason it's on people's minds because they've done a serious disinformation campaign to create that impression."

Chris Wallace wouldn't know 'good faith' if it kicked him where his shrivelled gonads ought to be.

That aside, I have never been one of Clenis' admirers. I voted for him against Poppie. I voted for Nader in '96. His brand of triangulation sold-out the whole socially progressive wing of the Democratic Party, and it hasn't yet been redeemed by his successors. But I cheered when he gut-shot that snivelling little shitstick Wallace. "Hit'em widda fuukin CHAIR!"

No comments: