The shortest version:
I had to postpone the procedure when, after arriving at the hospital for the angiogram, they told me I might have to spend the night (if they installed a stint, which they were likely to do, so as to prevent the necessity of opening up the artery again at some later date).
I had not made arrangements for caring for the hounds. I had made arrangements for an out-patient procedure. In addition, even on the proviso of day surgery, it was already growing late in the day. I had arrived at 8:30 am, and I was still not heading toward the operating theater, after even the least worst-case, by the time they'd have released me it would have been already evening.
So I will be--though have not yet been--rescheduled.
When I am, I will know about the restrictions: i will be away from the house and the dogs for up to 36 hours; there is no driving for THREE days, no lifting (of more than 10 lbs) for up to 10 days--little things which I would have thought someone would have been smart enough to have told me BEFORE I blithely marched into the hospital this morning.
I learned today that another old friend has had two stents installed, and he assured me it was temporarily uncomfortable, but ultimately well worth the discomfort. So there's that...
Many thanks for all the good wishes, and thoughts. I shall keep and store them up against the next appointment.
Whose Night in the Barrel?
1 day ago