Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Magic of Implicature!

My friendly Vet out in the East Mountains sent me this last week. I've seen it before, but it was a while ago, and it still brings a smile (Ah, the joys of implicature!):
Working people frequently ask us retired people what we do to make our days interesting. We really have no trouble in finding interesting things to do.

For example, the other day I went downtown to go to the newsstand. I wanted to pick up the Wall Street Journal so I could track my investments. I was only in there for about 5 minutes. When I came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

I said to him, "Come on, man, how about giving a retired person a break?"

He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. I called him a "Nazi." He glared at me and wrote another ticket for having worn tires. So I called him a "doughnut eating Gestapo."

He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he wrote a third ticket.

This went on for about 20 minutes. The more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, I didn't care.....The car that he was putting the tickets on still had a Bush/Cheney bumper sticker.

I came downtown on the bus.

I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired.

It's important to my health...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story!

Merry Christmas, my friend.


Terry C, Democratic Bitch

Ruth said...

Troublemaker! Terry posted this with attribution to you at Eschaton, and a troll dived in to say what hypocrites we were to enjoy doing this sort of thing to some one who disagreed with us. It was hilarious.

Hope your day is peaceful anyway.

Anonymous said...

This has gotta be a put-on. One "Nazi" to a cop and 50K volts suddenyl are administered to your personal body.

kelley b. said...

Now that's entertainment!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee...