Thursday, December 20, 2007

Obama? Nah...

Matt Taibi, usually a clear-eyed realist about these matters, asks:
"Would it be such a terrible thing for America to show that it's big enough to elect a black president? Wouldn't that be something all by itself?"
No. Yes.

Nagahapun...

Mid-dull Murka is NOT going to 'elect' a (terribly young) Black dude with a Muslim name as President. I gay-ron-damn-TEE you, chers.

Nagahapun...

P.S.: Recent polling in New Mexico indicates Obama does not beat ANY GOPukes head-to-head. Mrs. C loses the state to McStain and the Huckleberry, at this time. Edwards name wasn't included in the polling.Check the data here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huckabee is the only one who worries me. All the other repukes are throughly beatable, especially McCain.

Ruth said...

If Obama goes farther right and puts a cross in the background in his next ad, and maybe endorses torture, he could appeal to the electorate that didn't actually rise up in the streets against Bush. Nah, he's still too dark.

a small quiet voice said...

Well damnation, Woody,

I had no idea you had this little island lurking out here...I followed your link from todays essay and lo and behold, here you are!

I'm adding you to my blogroll and I'm going to take advantage of the holiday lull to check out the rest of your musings in the next couple of days.

Merry Christmas to you