Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm pretty sure this'll piss somebody off, but I am past caring!

This flap over what John Kerry said, meant to say, or didn't say has got me really pissed off.

Kerry, either through inadvertence or design, pointed out the sad truth about the role of the 'poverty draft' in the constitution of the USer military.

The truth of the matter is that most of the USer troops--enlisted folks, the so-called 'other ranks'--in Iraq are not the sharpest blades in the box.

Not all, of course; there are some outliers in the 'skill' positions.

But the majority of 'em are not very smart people. People who are smart enough to stay out of the military, do so.

That's because most of the population from which they are drawn is composed of dumfux.

The average i.q. of a USer GI is probably within the standard deviation around the mean...they can tie their shoes, read a menu, or a bus schedule (but, apparently, too often NOT their enlistment contracts; funny thing)...

But the average trooper is not a particularly 'smart' person, or even very close to it, I promise you...

Nobody but a veteran can understand military service well enough to REALLY detest the so-called 'military mind.'

Me? USAF, 1964-68, honorable discharge, Rank: Sgt (E-4)...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,

You are a righteous bastard and your opinions most definitely do not piss me off.

That said, I would love to see a chart depicting the socio-economic demographic of current enlistees in the Army and Marines (I'm assuming that the Navy and Air Force are somewhat more selective). I would also love to get my hands on a demographic breakdown of US troops killed and severely wounded in Iraq. I strongly suspect that you'll find very few sons of Fortune 500 CEOs. Call it a hunch.

Very truly yours,

Metro99