Friday, November 03, 2006

"The Pentagon Papers of Electronic Voting": How May I Hack Thee? Let Me Count...

Please...let me count....PLEASE????? Let my ballot be counted, let my vote be assigned correctly to the candidate I chose, let the results not be tampered with, let the People speak??? Please, you motherfuckers, just let it be...

That is to say, Diebold, get and keep out of the fucking process...

(From HuffPostblog, by Rebecca Adams):

Stunning Document Surfaces to Show That America's #1 Voting Machine Manufacturer Hides Security and Operation Flaws from The State of Maryland and the Country

...Enter the world of electronic voting machines, the "cure" to hanging and dimpled chad.
It is a seamy world of secrecy, proprietary software, partisan executives "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the President", politicians asking programmers to design software to flip vote totals, and lots and lots of money.

And it is a world of completely inconsistent realities. Diebold and the other manufacturers insist that their machines are safe and secure yet every single cyber security expert and computer scientist has, for years, been screaming into an empty wilderness of media attention, that . . .

1. The machines can be hacked, by the implanting of malicious code, at the factory.

2. The machines can be hacked during transport from the factory.

3. The machines can be hacked while on "Sleepovers" before the election.

4. The machines can be hacked (in 1 minute with a .50cent mini bar key) during the election, and

5. These machines can be hacked, at the tabulator, after the election.


The State of Maryland commissioned a report on these conditions from "the highly respected Scientific Applications International Corporation (SAIC) to evaluate the effectiveness and security of their electronic voting machines, (but) critical pieces of information have been edited, omitted and, in some cases words added, to fundamentally alter the original meaning of the report's conclusions."

This is an issue that should NOT be permitted to go away, friends. Read this (click on the headline to this post).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I had a feeling you would have a great blog. This is a must stop every day.

Lurker

Woody (Tokin Librul/Rogue Scholar/ Helluvafella!) said...

thanks, dude...i try...

(in fact, my friends consider me 'very trying')
.

Anonymous said...

In my phone banking, I am informed now that a voter can demand and get a paper ballot, and most of the people I tell this are relieved to hear it.

from Ruth

Anonymous said...

I like your blog, too.

just sayin'

Anonymous said...

Well of course Diebold machimes are the most vulnerable! That's why the SCUM spent all of yesterday whinging about the Sequoia machine that *could* allow you to vote twice! If you know about the Yellow Button. And can convince everyone that the shrilling alarm going of is just your cell phone...

But, otherwise, yeah.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!11!!1

I'm the 10 hundred thousandth.
YAY for me.

What's my prize?
Not that sack Woody, it has the smell of dog poop.

Anonymous said...

This is exactly why I love NYC's ancient voting booths. You know the ones: big, metal monsters with shower curtain-like drapes for privacy. You activate the toggles then yank on this big, ol' metal lever with a red handle. In my "darker" moments I fantasize that I'm pulling the lever to release the trap doors that will drop the neo-con thugs through the holes in the scaffolding. In my lurid imagination I can almost hear the sound of their necks snapping as the ropes severe their cervical vertebrae.

Gary Frasier has his Duck Pits, but I'm a traditionalist; give me a good hanging any day of the week.

Peace and Love, baby!