According to “The Anatomy of Fascism” by R. O. Paxton (Alfred A. Knopf, New York, 2004, pp 219-220), ideas underlying fascist actions include:
(1) a sense of overwhelming crisis beyond the reach of any traditional solutions,
(2) the primacy of the group to which one has duties and the subordination of the individual to it,
(3) the belief that one’s group is a victim which justifies any action, without legal or moral limits, against its enemies,
(4) dread of the group’s decline under the corrosive effects of individual liberalism,
(5) need for authority by male chiefs,
(6) superiority of the leader’s instincts over reason,
(7) the beauty of violence devoted to the group’s success, and
(8) the right of the group to dominate others without restraint from any kind of human or divine law.
See anybody you know in there?
4 weeks ago